Monday, July 22, 2019

Review: The Book of Tokyo: A City in Short Fiction

The Book of Tokyo: A City in Short Fiction The Book of Tokyo: A City in Short Fiction by Michael Emmerich
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I just discovered this "City in Short Fiction" series, so I'm curious about some of the other books in the series.

Anyway, this was a collection of short stories, some better than others, as is to be expected. My favorites were:
Dad, I love you
Vortex
The Hut on the Roof (by Hiromi Kawakami)

My opinions (without spoilers)
Model T Frankenstein was odd but cool
I think Picnic was over my head, and there was probably more to it than I gathered
A House for Two weirded me out
Mummy (by Banana Yoshimoto) also weirded me out
The Owl's Estate was ok
Mambo was odd. Didn't really enjoy it frankly
An Elevator on Sunday was good. I might almost include amongst my favorites

View all my reviews

No comments: