Monday, June 03, 2019

Review: The Murmur of Bees

The Murmur of Bees The Murmur of Bees by Sofía Segovia
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm embarrassed to say this, but this book really reminded me of The House of Spirits by Isabel Allende. It probably shows how few Latin American authors I've read more than anything else. But this story also spans a few generations of a family, and has a dash of magical realism, while the characters undergo the changing politics/revolutions/international events as a family. Granted, I haven't read THOS in decades, but it definitely brought back that feeling more than once.

All in all it was an intense and epic journey with this family and the characters attached to (revolving around?) it. I would like to read more by this author, or possibly more contemporary Mexican fiction.


http://4201mass.blogspot.com/

View all my reviews

No comments: