Monday, March 18, 2019

Review: Paul: A Biography

Paul: A Biography Paul: A Biography by N.T. Wright
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

An excellent biography. This book goes very much into detail about Paul's life, at least as far as we can know from the material available. Wright does an excellent job of tying it all together into a coherent (and very in-depth) narrative.

Interesting to read about how Paul (and all his contemporaries) never said we should be good so we can go to heaven when we die, but rather that the Kingdom of God should come to us on earth as it is in heaven. And apparently they meant this quite literally.

I did feel a tad unprepared for this. He goes into tremendous detail, and I probably would have gotten more out of it had I had more than a cursory knowledge of Paul's writings beforehand.




View all my reviews

No comments: