Monday, February 18, 2019

Review: The Year of the Hare

The Year of the Hare The Year of the Hare by Arto Paasilinna
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Cute, charming, refreshing. That's pretty much how I would describe it. It isn't earth shattering, but definitely a fresh take on life through the eyes of a man who just decides to change, upon seeing a hare. And as I write that, I'm wondering if there are any parallels with Alice seeing the white rabbit, or maybe I'm reading too much into it.
Anyway, I'm trying to think of another book where a seemingly innocuous event sets in motion an entire book. None comes to mind right now (maybe "Remembrance of things past", although I've never read it, so who knows?), but anyway, this is that sort of book.

My first Finnish work of fiction. I'd like to read more.

View all my reviews

No comments: