Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Review: What Catholics Really Believe--Setting the Record Straight: 52 Answers to Common Misconceptions About the Catholic Faith

What Catholics Really Believe--Setting the Record Straight: 52 Answers to Common Misconceptions About the Catholic Faith What Catholics Really Believe--Setting the Record Straight: 52 Answers to Common Misconceptions About the Catholic Faith by Karl Keating
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've had this book for close to 10 years now, and I finally got around to reading it. All in all it is a quick read (so shame on me for not tackling it earlier). It just basically lists 52 false claims about Catholicism, and refutes them one by one. In doing so, Keating provides an explanation for the Catholic view on many different subjects.

So basically, if you are interested in learning more about Catholicism, this is probably a great place to start. It won't go much into detail, but will probably mention more than a couple points you hadn't considered (I was raised Catholic, and I confess I didn't know quite a few of these points).

Also, it goes without saying that you don't have to be Catholic to read this. In fact, you'll probably get more out of it if you're not. I'm not saying you'll necessarily agree with his points, but it'll be an enlightening read nonetheless.




View all my reviews

No comments: