Friday, December 28, 2018

Review: The Science of Mom: A Research-Based Guide to Your Baby's First Year

The Science of Mom: A Research-Based Guide to Your Baby's First Year The Science of Mom: A Research-Based Guide to Your Baby's First Year by Alice Callahan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

We have yet to tackle many of the issues mentioned in the book (solid foods, full night's rest, etc.), so I might change my rating slightly later on, but for now I'd say this is the perfect follow up to Emily Oster's "Expecting Better". Once again, the information given here is based on studies, and most of the information seems to be quite solid.

The book deals with nutrition, sleep, health, etc. So don't expect advice on getting your baby to crawl/walk/keep quiet in public/etc.

As a side note, I found it sad that an entire chapter and so many of the appendices had to be dedicated to vaccines, which you'd think would be an obvious choice.

View all my reviews

No comments: