Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Review: The anthology of taiwan indigenous literature - Short Stories

The anthology of taiwan indigenous literature - Short Stories The anthology of taiwan indigenous literature - Short Stories by Cheng Fang Ming
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First of all, I should mention that this book is available for free here: https://alilin.apc.gov.tw/files/ebook...

I only found this out when I was googling one of the authors.

Anyway, for some reason I enjoyed this so much more than Part 1. I found almost every story to be of higher quality and more enjoyable. If you want to read a sample of Taiwan indigenous literature, this is probably the best bet.

Also, an oddity: three different stories feature a character called Watan. Two are by the same author, but none of them seems to be related to the others. I guess it's a very common Atayal name.

I didn't understand "Scarlet Earth" at all, so if anyone else has read it maybe they can explain it to me.


4.5 stars. Might revise this to a 5 later on.

View all my reviews

No comments: